6th Grade Band
6th Grade Band
On Tuesday, March 24th we have the opportunity to perform pregame music at a Chicago Wolves Hockey Game! This is a great opportunity for our students to perform music out in the community and a nice way for the band to have fun together.
On the day of the event, please drop you student off at the bandroom by 4:15 PM. We will be loading the bus and going to the Allstate Arena in Rosemont as an ensemble. All students must ride to the arena on the bus to streamline the entry and performance process. Our performance will begin at approximately 6:00PM, one hour before the start of the 7:00PM game, in a concourse close to our seats. Parents and family members are welcome to join us at the game and arrive early to hear our performance! If parents decide to attend, they may sign their child out and go home together from the arena. If family is not able to attend, the student will ride the bus back to school. As it is a school night, we will depart the arena at 9:15 regardless of when the game finishes. Parents will need to be available to pick up their student at Benjamin at 10:00PM outside the bandroom. Tickets for students and family members are $17.50 each. Please complete this form and return to Mr. Turek with payment no later than February 27th.
- 5th Grade Band, 6th Grade Band, and Choir ensembles start at 6:30 PM in the Benjamin Large Gym
- All family and friends are welcome and admission is free.
- Your student needs to be in the bandroom by 6:00PM to get ready and warm-up. The 5th grade band is the first to perform and the concert will showcase all the performing ensembles at Benjamin Middle School.
- Dress code for this concert is formal. We want to look professional and sound our best! Please avoid blue jeans, sweat/athletic pants, hooded sweat shirts, or shirts with logos or screen printing. Ladies may wear a dress that goes past their knees with leggings. Gentlemen are encouraged to wear a shirt with a collar.
- If you have questions or concerns do not hesitate to reach out!
- After the intermission, the 7/8 grade band and Jazz Band will perform at 7:30.
Rehearsal and Lesson Structure:
- Every Monday students will receive their small group pull-out lesson, throughout the day on a rotating schedule.
- Full group rehearsals are Wednesday during study skills.
- Students that signed up for 6th grade jazz band will rehearse every Friday during study skills.
• Musical Week- no band obligation but MANY students are involved!
o Tech Week 3/16-3/19
o Performances 3/20 and 3/21
• Red White and Beautiful
o April 22nd, 6:30-8:00
o 5th Grade and 7/8 Grade Band Only
• Celebrate Mom’s through Jazz
o Friday, May 8th
o Dinner Fundraiser put on by the Benjamin Jazz Program
o 6th grade jazz band and 7/8 jazz ensemble are performing as well other groups from the community
• Spring Concert
o Thursday, May 14th
o 5/6 grade ensembles starts 6:30
o 7/8 and choir starts at 7:30